Connect with us

News

Facebook Slapped With Record-breaking $5 Billion Fine (See What They Did)

Published

on

Facebook Slapped With Record-breaking $5 Billion Fine (See What They Did) 3

Facebook Slapped With Record-breaking $5 Billion Fine (See What They Did) 4

Facebook has been slapped with a record-breaking $5 billion fine to resolve a US government probe into its privacy practices.

The US Federal Trade Commission said on Wednesday that the social media giant has also agreed to restructure its approach to privacy from the corporate board-level down. .

As part of the settlement, Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg will have to personally certify the company’s compliance with privacy measures. Failure to do so could result in civil or criminal penalties.

FTC Chairman Joe Simons said:-

“Despite repeated promises to its billions of users worldwide that they could control how their personal information is shared, Facebook undermined consumers’ choices.

“The magnitude of the $5 billion penalty and sweeping conduct relief are unprecedented in the history of the FTC.

“The relief is designed not only to punish future violations but, more importantly, to change Facebook’s entire privacy culture to decrease the likelihood of continued violations.”

The $5 billion penalty against Facebook is the largest ever imposed on any company for violating consumers’ privacy ,and almost 20 times greater than the largest privacy or data security penalty ever imposed worldwide, according to Mirro.co.uk.

In its ruling, the FTC said that Facebook’s data policy was deceptive to “tens of millions” of people who used Facebook’s facial recognition setting called Tag Suggestions, because the setting was turned on by default. The company’s data policy suggested that users would need to opt-in to having facial recognition enabled for their accounts.

It also accused the company of deceptive practices when it told users it would collect their phone numbers to enable a security feature, but did not disclose that it also used those numbers for advertising purposes, Mirror reports.

Under the settlement, Facebook’s board will create an independent privacy committee that removes “unfettered control by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg over decisions affecting user privacy.”

The social network will have to carry out privacy audits on any new or updated product it launches which uses data, documenting any risks and how it plans to mitigate them.

Facebook also agreed to exercise greater oversight over third-party apps, to avoid a repeat of the Cambridge Analytica scandal.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News update

18-Year-Old Woman Who Died During Sex Romp In Yobe Government Lodge Has Been Identified

Published

on

18-Year-Old Woman Who Died During Sex Romp In Yobe Government Lodge Has Been Identified 5

It will be recalled that an 18-year-old died during s*x romp in Yobe government lodge days ago. Now, she has been identified as Bilikisu Ali.

18-Year-Old Woman Who Died During Sex Romp In Yobe Government Lodge Has Been Identified 6

The teen, who graduated from secondary school last year, reportedly had foam coming out of her mouth when her body was discovered in the lodge last week.

A man named Dr Albash Yaya Ibrahim, who was a visitor in Damaturu, has been arrested in connection with her death.

Dr Albash had allegedly requested 3 of his friends bring him a female companion for the night when he arrived Damaturu on January 6.

18-Year-Old Woman Who Died During Sex Romp In Yobe Government Lodge Has Been Identified 7

Bilikisu Ali was the woman brought. However, hours later, Dr Albash raised alarm and reported the girl was lifeless.

18-year-old woman who died during sex romp in Yobe government lodge identified

According to the police, the teen had foam coming out of her mouth when her body was found.

Albash admits he had sex with the girl but claims she died due to intake of drugs.

Albash and the three friends who brought the teen to him have all been arrested.

Continue Reading

News update

Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi

Published

on

Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi 8

On Monday, Douye Diri, governor of Bayelsa, announced the appointment of Ebizi Blessing Eradiri as the new face of Bayelsa girl child.

Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi 9

This came a few weeks after Nengi Rebecca Hampson, a former housemate of the Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) reality TV show, was appointed in the same capacity.

The appointment had initially stirred confusion, with many news platforms reporting that she has replaced Nengi as the face of Bayelsa girl child.

Daniel Alabrah, the chief press secretary to the state governor, however, clarified that the reality star has not been removed or replaced.

According to him, Nengi and Eradiri are to work together in promoting the girl child in the state.

Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi 10

In a tweet on Tuesday, the reality star also congratulated Eradiri while promising to work together with the law graduate for “a better welfare for the girl child”.

“Congratulations to Ebizi Eradiri. It’s amazing how you were able to pull that through!” Nengi wrote on Twitter.

“Special thanks to my Governor for also finding her worthy for the honour. It is without a doubt that we will both work together to see how we can front for better welfare for the Girl child.”

Nengi had been appointed in the capacity by Diri back in November 2020.

This had followed after she was named a senior special assistant (SSA) on girl child development to the state governor.

The reality star’s appointment however sparked controversy on social media, with some users tackling the governor over the yardstick used for selection.

Source:- The Cable

Continue Reading

Featured

Money Comes To Those Who Work For It – The Stage Season Two

Published

on

Money Comes To Those Who Work For It – The Stage Season Two 11

Money Comes To Those Who Work For It.

Konnectore is offering you the opportunity as a viewer and supporter to be financially rewarded for supporting any of the final 20 contestants of The Stage Season Two..

Money Comes To Those Who Work For It – The Stage Season Two 12

Money Comes To Those Who Work For It – The Stage Season Two 13

How?
Simply join a fan group of any of our final 20 contestants for FREE by clicking sending YES to
0906 000 8533 or by clicking the on @Konnectore_thestage BIO on Instagram and you are already on your way to not just earning financially but you also standing a chance to earn life time shares of Konnectore and Koin Token.

Remember, today’s opportunity can’t come tomorrow so, seize this

Follow @Konnectore_thestage and @Konnectore_incon all social platforms.

Continue Reading

Trending